It’s happened to the best of us -- whether you’re juggling too much in your hands or you stand up forgetting it’s in your lap -- when your smartphone screen breaks, a little bit of your heart breaks too.
Today’s smartphones have a tendency to let us down because -- among other things -- they’re incredibly fragile. More than half (53%) of global smartphone owners have shattered their screens, and one-in-five (21%) global smartphone owners are currently living with a broken smartphone screen1.
A phone should be there for you through it all -- every photo, text, call OR fall. Which is why we’ve spent the last three years creating Moto ShatterShield™, the world’s first phone screen guaranteed not to crack or shatter2.
With our new Moto ShatterShield technology, you’ll never have to fear the dreaded drop or have to deal with the expensive hassle of having to replace a busted screen again, thanks to an integrated system of five layers specifically designed to absorb shock and never shatter.
- It starts with a rigid aluminum core that provides structural integrity and durability.
- On top of that, we’ve added in a stunning AMOLED flexible display. Using a flexible display absorbs shock and makes it possible to flex during a drop versus breaking like most screens.
- Then, a dual touch layer with redundancy was created to help it survive accidents. Often, after a drop, the touch layer can go bad and your touch doesn’t work as well. So we‘ve added a failsafe mechanism.
- The next layer is the interior lens which provides a clear protective shield that won’t crack or shatter.
- Lastly, we topped it off with an exterior lens that has a unique hardcoat that helps protect the display against normal wear and tear.
All of this amounts to unprecedented durability and protection from those everyday accidents. To learn more about how Moto ShatterShield was made, check out the video below:
Moto ShatterShield will first come to Droid Turbo 2 by Motorola available exclusively in the US through Verizon Wireless. We will bring this technology to other devices and countries around the globe soon, so stay tuned for more news.
1 Motorola Global Shattered Screen survey was conducted via an online survey of a total of 6,019 adults ages 18+ from September 29 – October 9, 2015. Adults were surveyed in each of the following countries: US (N=1018), UK (N=1000), Brazil (N=1000), China (N=1000), Mexico (N=1000), and New York (N=1001).
2 The display and embedded lens are warranted against shattering and cracking for four (4) years from the original date of purchase; scratches or other damage to the protective lens is not covered by this warranty, but should always be in place to prevent scratches and other damage to the underlying components. This phone is not shockproof or designed to withstand all damage from dropping. All other warranty exclusions, including scratches and other cosmetic damage, intentional damage or abuse, normal wear and tear and other limitations apply; Visit www.motorola.com for additional details.